a delicious and hearty chili that's hard to do wrong. this recipe is merely a jumping-off point in creating your own.
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small or medium yellow onion, finely sliced 
- 3 cans of different types of beans 
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 to 1.5 cups chopped carrots
- 1 bell pepper (choose ur favorite color)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- paprika (regular and smoked)
- garlic powder
- MSG 
- black pepper
- white pepper
- cayenne pepper
- heat vegetable oil in a large pot.
- add onions and cook until translucent.
- stir in spices and cook for another minute or 2.
- empty all the cans into the pot, add veggies and stock.
- bring to a boil then let simmer on low for like an hour, loosely covered so steam can vent, stirring occasionally.
- add salt to taste and enjoy!
 original recipe i based this one off of: https://www.thedailymeal.com/cook/vegetarian-bean-chili
 size of the onion depends on your preference and FODMAP tolerance. i also threw in a shallot because i had one in the fridge but it probably didn't make much of a difference.
 i used black beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), and great northern beans (about 1 cup after soaking). you could even use meat or some other protein cut into bite-sized pieces if you want.
 i just kinda eyeballed the spices, sorry. i tried to put them in order of highest to lowest amount. the ones toward the bottom aren't that important to get right so use whatever you have!
 you could substitute with extra salt and a pinch of sugar but imo you should really have MSG in your pantry. it Makes Stuff Good!™